Day 1 9.00-18.00
Day 2 9.00-18.00
Wind industry workers who intend to operate abroad as well
The purpose of this module is to qualify delegates, through theoretical and practical training, in the use of basic personal fall protection devices, to perform safe work at height and be able to rescue a colleague or to evacuate from a tower. Additionally, to train delegates to carry out manual handling tasks in the wind turbine industry/environment safely, but also encourage delegates to consider alternatives to manual handling through planning.
- The harness
- Fall prevention
- Vertical fall arrest systems
- Fall arrest lanyards
- Falling objects
- Retractable fall arresters
- Prevention measures during training
- Practical exercises
- Spinal anatomy and postures
- Planning the manual handling of loads
- Manual handling techniques
- Emergency procedures
- Dangers, risks and intolerance to suspension
- Rescue devices and preparations
- Rescue exercises
- Final evaluations
Course participants are assessed for the skills acquired during the training.
The evaluation methods are as follows:
- Continuous assessment through observation and individual follow-up throughout the course.
- Final multiple-choice questionnaire
Participants who fail the training must repeat the module until they acquire the necessary skills.
PPE and Log book
Participants are advised to bring their own PPE if already in possession and functional clothing and footwear.
If the PPE is not suitable, the organization will provide them.
Those who have already taken courses at Kong S.p.A. and already have a Log Book, please bring it to record updates.
A certificate of attendance is issued after positive final test verification and a frequency of at least 90% of the total number of course hours.